Thursday, April 3, 2008

Yuck Part 2

Well, I've made it through 20 more minutes and am now at the 2 hour countdown point, so progress was made. I had to disappear for awhile just to stand it. There is a place that I go where nobody else goes, so I can be alone for a few blessed moments.

My mother always said don't wish your life away, so I really do work to enjoy every moment of every day, as much as possible. Some days though my tolerance is low. Or maybe it is when I see through the story I tell myself that I am okay doing this, and realize there are so many things I'd rather be doing. But I am disciplined, and I gave up pining for that years ago because all it does it hurt me when I indulge it.

I'm much better when the noise from the other room stops and it is quieter and I can focus without having someone else's voice intrude upon my peace. But that is not happening so what is the way I can find right now to block that out and pull the beauty of my own thoughts around me, like a warm blanket, and know that even when I can't be where I want to be, I can still be who I am at heart?

3 comments:

NadieAchak said...

Hello Spiral Gate,

I don't know if I should share this are not, but I will. I had to chuckle as you kept watching the time . . . I could sense your seething ;-). I give you 5 STARS . . . you made it, and so did I :-). I wish I could say that I have the patience you do - good job. Nadie

Taexalia said...

Well I can certainly empathise with the need to be able to block out someone else's noise intruding. I haven't figured out a way that works every time but if I do, I'll let you know :)

I hope today was different!

Prairie Star said...

I'm smiling because I believe prayers can go where ever they are needed...past, present or future. Sending much love and saying a prayer for you during the yuck.

I, too, am hoping today is a better day.

Be well, my friend and sister.