Thursday, April 3, 2008

Yuck

I am someplace I don't want to be doing something I don't want to do, for the next 2.5 hours. Everything about it sets my teeth on edge. It takes effort to stay here and to keep from muttering under my breath how silly I find all of this. I resent having to give my time but if I want to pay the bills, I guess I have to deal with it.

What I am trying to do is amuse myself in some way with ideas that interest me so that this can be transformed from what I viewed it as 1 minute ago - a colossol and boring waste of my time into another place where I overcame what was happening around me and enjoyed myself anyway.

I'm playing my 5 minute game. I've got the time marked off, in five minute intervals, and I am checking them off as I go. Time to cross off 1:35... Okay, I'm back.

The older I get the less patience I have for the role of hired gun. So today I am going to whine about it on my blog, which is after all my own selfish indulgence, and use this as a way to vent some negativity without throwing something into the next room.

It still sucks but I've managed to make it through 5 more minutes.

No comments: