Thursday, May 8, 2008

Electoral College Hostage

I realized yesterday that my candidate of choice will probably have to bow out in the next month. She is a savvy woman and, I believe, will do as she said and try to unify the party no matter who the candidate may be. '

According to a campaign staffer, Obama plans to "declare victory" on May 20, even though, according to Democratic party rules, he won't have the requisite number of delegates needed to legally be the victor. But Obama only wants party rules to apply to Florida and Michigan, to exclude their votes and protect his ambition.

But I digress!

The purpose of this entry is that, as I said, I realized yesterday that my candidate of choice will probably not be the Democratic nominee. Since I am a resident of New York State, a blue state bastion, its electoral votes always go to the Democratic nominee. Whether I support that nominee or not is irrelevant to whether they "win" New York.

So, if Hillary is not the nominee, and my state will go to the Democrats anyway, my personal vote needs to be for the candidate who I feel is better qualified than McCain or Obama and that, my friends is:



While Mickey is a few years older than McCain (Mickey is 80), he has universal appeal. As Walt Disney said of the candidate:

"When people laugh at Mickey Mouse, it's because he's so human; and that is the secret of his popularity."

Should Mickey win, and put Minnie on the ticket as his VP, I'd at least have a female to vote for! So now I need to find out how to do a "write in" vote!

No comments: