Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Pyrrhic Victory for Senator Transcendence

With an illegitimate "victory" in hand, Senator Transcendence is claiming victory. Never mind that the superdelegate votes don't actually count for ANYTHING until the Convention in August. And a lot can happen between now and then...

In a brilliant, heartfelt, and classy speech last night, Senator Clinton said:

"Now the question is, where do we go from here, and given how far we've come and where we need to go as a party, it's a question I don't take lightly. This has been a long campaign, and I will be making no decisions tonight. But this has always been your campaign, so to the 18 million people who voted for me and to our many other supporters out there of all ages, I want to hear from you. I hope you'll go to my website at HillaryClinton.com and share your thoughts with me and help in any way that you can."

I wrote to her today to encourage her to remain available, because the Democratic Party really does need its best candidate on the ballot in November. Now that the Republican noise machine has a target in its sites that has such glaring weaknesses and radical baggage, we will need her to pick up the pieces.

No comments: