Thursday, June 5, 2008

Sanctuary


I'm putting the finishing touches on my sanctuary. Yesterday my comfy new reclining sofa arrived. The beautiful, soft colors glow on the walls. There is a lovely carpet on the floor. The art on my walls is deeply spiritual, in vibrant colors, with shapes and images that speak to my soul.

An upheaval in my life prompted the creation of this place, and it is a healing journey that has helped me let go of what is not mine. Even with drop cloths on the floor and wet paint on the walls, I found peace there immediately. Now complete, it is a restful place to read, journal, and daydream...

The built in cabinet is directly across from the sofa. Note the burgundy shelves :-) The insides of the cabinet are painted the same shade - Maine Coast - as the other walls. The front is cream color.


I added the picture below on June 6. The wall on left (with Green Man painting) is the granite accent wall. It's a small room, but with two windows, and I just love it!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

tis lovely. I remember a time that I spent in this room, and the peace and sanctuary have always been there. I love that you gave this to yourself.

KerrdeLune said...

It's gorgeous and the perfect sanctuary!

Prairie Star said...

It's beautiful! I'm smiling because, truly, I feel more peaceful just peeking in.

Warmest congratulations on your gift to yourself. May you spend many, many, many blessed moments in your sacred space.

Twinkles,

linda said...

really pretty and soft...I love the color and light in the room....a lovely gift for you.

Nadie said...

Absolutely lovely . . . what a delightful gift you've given yourself - so peaceful and serene.

Bloom Spirit said...

Gorgeous room! I'm loving it. Calming and serene...

Selena said...

It's beautiful and soft and comfy looking and serene. Perfect!