Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Amends

I've been nursing a resentment, and today I want to put it behind me. There isn't a person to apologize to, or a specific wrong that can be righted. But I can make a demonstration of my regret for hard feelings I have harbored against the 2007-2008 incarnation of the DNC, by acknowledging that I was wrong to hold them.

Their goals were different from mine. Had I shared them, I probably would have agreed completely with how the Committee operated, which is pretty hypocritical of me.

It's time to let that go and move on. I recall instead the support I felt for the DNC when the candidate of my choice - Bill Clinton - won the presidency, twice. Everyone should experience the euphoria of supporting the winning team, of feeling like something wonderful has happened. The results of the general election were a major victory for the DNC because it accomplished its goal through hard work and commitment. The Democratic Party has a president in the White House and control of Congress. In the world of politics, that's pretty good work.

1 comment:

Stray Yellar Dawg? said...

I'm not "nursing a resentment" as much as I am figuring out where to go from here.

And I am liking the sound of Ms. Ruccia's solution.... more and more....

http://thenewagenda.net/2009/03/04/musings-on-hyperpartisanship-and-gender-voting/