Thursday, December 10, 2009

Dear Barack, Spare Me Your E-Mails

Robert Scheer, another Obama supporter waking up from the kool-aid stupor, wrote an amazing column. Here are a few tidbits, and the link:

"Barack Obama's faux populism is beginning to grate, and when yet another one of those "we the people" e-mails from the president landed on my screen as I was fishing around for a column subject, I came unglued. It is one thing to rob us blind by rewarding the power elite that created our problems but quite another to sugarcoat it in the rhetoric of a David taking on those Goliaths..."

"...Addressing me by my first name, which I assume is in acknowledgment that I, like the millions of other suckers with whom he so intimately corresponds, had contributed to his campaign, he began with a clarion call for yet another contribution..."

Dear Barack, Spare Me Your E-Mails

"I do agree with one line in Obama's e-mail to those of us who hoped for the best from his presidency: "the opponents of reform will not rest." But I didn't expect him to be one of them."

No comments: