"...EVE is a group of people committed to creating Equal Visibility Everywhere for women. We're a brand-new (March 2010) not-for-profit dedicated to achieving gender parity in the symbols and icons of the United States.
We're taking on statues, stamps, street names, currency, national holidays, and more...
EVE will work to change the culture and face of America one symbol at a time. We will:
- encourage state legislatures to add more statues of women to National Statuary Hall;
- suggest women for the U.S. Postal Service to commemorate on stamps;
- propose that municipalities name streets and buildings after prominent female citizens, and persuade school systems nationwide to increase the number of schools named after women;
- encourage the government and private sector to include women in the celebrations of our nation’s heritage;
- analyze the gender ratio of monuments and memorials on the local, state, and national level, and encourage greater representation of women;
- advocate the full and fair treatment of women and women’s history in our nation’s museums;
- urge our government to include more women’s images on our coinage and to print a second set of paper money featuring images of great American women; and
- educate the private sector regarding the lack of female images in media representations."