Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Ithaca On "Highest Cities" List

When I saw an article on "The Daily Beast", listing the "highest cities" in the country, I had a feeling... And sure enough, my lovely little town is on the list! We are 15th on the list, but Ithaca College is 11th in the nation in terms of pot-smoking schools.  When you consider how tiny IC is in comparison to its huge cousin, Cornell, that's pretty (un)impressive!

I don't know where they get this information, but the article claims that 8.6% of the 30,637 residents smoke the wacky weed. But I don't know if that number includes all those buzzed out IC students and their more conservative CU counterparts.

I dropped from the ranks of potheads back in 1988. I don't miss the munchies or the paranoia!

2 comments:

Spiralgate said...

Syracuse is also on the list - 90 miles away, or approximately 2 joints worth of travel time...

Spiralgate said...

And Binghamton too! 60 miles as the crow flies through the pot smoke, from Ithaca...