Friday, April 23, 2010

Picking Your Pocket

There is real disconnect between what some professionals charge and what their customers can afford. I switched dentists a year ago, and it's turning out to be a big mistake. They are a top flight office, and they charge accordingly. Yesterday's quote for removing old amalgam and putting on a partial crown was $1300 per tooth.

Do they have any idea what the average person has to do to make $1300?

 My experience is that in the areas of my mouth where I have had root canals, there is bone loss. Coincidence? I think not. These invasive and heroic measure we go through to save teeth cause different problems down the road. I've spent a small fortune on my teeth over the years, and it isn't proving to have been a very good investment.

I like my teeth and I want to keep them. But I cannot afford to pay more than my mortage and car payments combined for work on one tooth.

Guess I am back to dentist shopping again. I simply cannot afford her...

No comments: